Saturday, October 08, 2005

No More Lazy Words

For several weeks, apparently, the sidebar has been showing signs of indolence. From a design standpoint, this was intolerable. From the standpoint of iconography and symbolism, things were worse yet. Clearly, the Member List could not be depicted as lagging, sagging, drooping, or in any way secondary to the success of this project. Other crucial items in the lapsed sidebar only exacerbated the crisis.

Well, it's fixed.

In the end, I started with a brand new Minima template and added the custom components back in, piece by piece. Wouldn't you know it - after careful analysis, I discovered that the problem was...nothing!

The template now exists precisely as it did before, as far as I can tell. But now it displays correctly. Fair enough, I guess, as long as we can all go home now.

I should also mention that I updated the Bloglet subscription service to FeedBlitz, an impressive new email delivery service. I was able to successfully transfer over all previous subscribers, with the exception of those whose email addresses were anonymous. So if your email feed cuts out, simply sign up again with FeedBlitz (sidebar). And if you encounter any complications, send me a note.

And now we return to our scheduled programming.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Well then, I knew I could fix it! I mean, that's exactly what I could find wrong with the code... nothing!

Well, glad you figured it out and fixed it, whatever was going on!

8:35 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Erin, your diagnosis was right on the whole time. Thanks for the tech wizardry. :)

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home