Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Author Speaks

In response to some queries as to where this blog has gone, I thought I'd post a quick update. The interim since my last post here has been an eventful one. In the last couple months I've:
  • Received an endorsement request from an educational group that blends "power" vocabulary with hip-hop music. "Flocabulary," I think they call it.
  • Read On Stories, a compilation of C.S. Lewis essays, including a very appropriate one for the VRP crowd: "The Death of Words."
  • Added an RSS comments feed to this site, which I need to make accessible.
  • Made the acquaintance of my first child, Aidan, who surprised me and my wife by arriving a month early.
Clearly, I have material for some new posts. It's just a question of time. Ideally this blog would be updated every week, but with the current (new) demands on my time, I may have a hard time getting to it, as the last couple months have revealed.

With this in view, I'm once again inviting "guest" contributors. John B., the first to take the plunge, has made an excellent first impression. Perhaps you will too. :) If you're interested, shoot me a note.

Otherwise, I hope to get to some of my prospective post topics soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sprittibee said...

Congratulations and welcome Aiden!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,

well, if I had any say in what gets ranted about on this blog, I would claim that the habitual misuse of the phrase 'begging the question', particularly by Americans, it seems, was worthy of a quick correctional post.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home